Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Last night ... whaaaaaaa

Was working on a Carol Doak holiday mini last night. Just having one grand old time. Itty bitty pieces so far. 16 of the 4½" blocks that is required. Started ironing what I had added on to all the blocks. 3rd block from the last my iron spit ... NO ... let me rephrase that ... the damn iron vomited all over the block!!!!!!! I went into a temper tanrum!!! It ain't the first time over ... ummm ... 6 years? ... that this confounded, stupid, idiotic, blasted contraption has done this to me. LAST STRAW!!! I cussed, I fussed, I wept and cussed some more. NEVER again will I buy a Proctor Silex iron. Why have I put up with it all these years? Because I'm a confounded, stupid, idiotic, blasted human. And cheap one too ... haha Just look at what it did to the poor little defensless block, the muslin sheet and the ironing board cover!



Here is the GREMLIN. Named after those cute little critters ... that is until you gave them WATER.
Went shopping today after playing bingo. Got this new Shark iron at Wally world. Am hoping it will not have to be named Gremlin2. Time will tell ... haha

Have turned it on so far, not used it, just waiting to see if it shuts off or I have to unplug it after every use. Keeping fingers crossed that it will turn out to be a fairly good iron!!!

3 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

I HATE when that happens. I have a Rowenta now that I like pretty much. Let me know how you like the new one! I saw Carol's mini quilt too, not sure I will have time to do it or not but it was a very pleasing pattern!

SubeeSews said...

Years ago I had a Rowenta that had lasted 15 years before it died. Since then I have gone through an iron a year. I bought two of those Sharks. I liked the heavy feel of them and the chrome and was mad at Rowenta. But they eventually vomited too. I have tried special water/made my own distilled water...conclusion...they don't make them as they used to. Then bought two of the pink cancer Rowentas off Amazon. They did not make it 6 months each before spitting.
Then went out on a limb and bought that new Velocity digital iron when it first came out. ($130) And afetr learning all the bells and whistles I love it. It is very heavy but it behaves. They also reccommend bottled water and there is an anti scale thingie inside that can be replaced by the consumer. And of course there is a bell/whistle to tell you when to change it.
Subee

Comfort Cove Designs said...

I had that happen to me a few years back, and yes I threw a hissy fit too!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed your new iron is on better behaviour!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea